smokeping for DNS checks docker container
This cointainer helps detecting DNS resolution failures on a docker host.
It is based on smokeping, and uses the AnotherDNS probe.
The container will automatically generate menu and checks based on the
LOOKUPS environment variable.
Here are some examples:
<dns hostname or ip>:<domain name to check>
<dns hostname or ip>:<domain name to check 1> <dns hostname or ip>:<domain name to check 2>
<dns hostname or ip 1>:<domain name to check> <dns hostname or ip 2>:<same domain name to check>
<dns hostname or ip 1>:<domain name to check 1> <dns hostname or ip 2>:<domain name to check 2>
You can also fine tune the AnotherDNS probe through environment variables:
STEP FORKS OFFSET IP_VERSION MIN_INTERVAL PINGS PORT PROTOCOL RECORD_TYPE REQUIRE_ANSWERS REQUIRE_NOERROR TIMEOUT
By default the container will run checks every 100 seconds, you can change it through the environment variable
SmokePing keeps track of your network latency:
- Best of breed latency visualisation.
- Interactive graph explorer.
- Wide range of latency measurement plugins.
- Master/Slave System for distributed measurement.
- Highly configurable alerting system.
- Live Latency Charts with the most 'interesting' graphs.
- Free and OpenSource Software written in Perl written by Tobi Oetiker, the creator of MRTG and RRDtool