This project runs geth in a container.
- For running a private ethereum network
- The node has 5 built in accounts with preallocated ether balances
- Mining blocks only when needed can be activated by setting
MINE_WHEN_NEEDEDenvironment variable to true (default when running with compose)
- All apis are exposed via RPC
- Chain data is stored in a volume in standard
- Geth nodes can be scaled and will automatically peer with each other using
docker-compose-scalable.ymlas volumes are not used.
Note: Stating the obvious - for development use only
Run the bootnode and a single Geth node:
docker-compose up -d
Geth nodes can be scaled and automatically peer'd with each other using
docker-compose -f docker-compose-scalable.yml up -d docker-compose -f docker-compose-scalable.yml scale geth=3
Note: when using the scalable version, you will have to run
docker psto get the exposed RPC port for each container as they will be random rather than
8545. - In the scalable compose data is also not stored in external volumes - removing containers means you lose your chain.