learnyounode is an interactive course to learn the basics of node.js
When I started to put the exercises into a container I naturally installed sshd along with nano and git, but as I learnt more about the 'docker way' I realised this was going against the grain.
This repo is my attempt to access everything needed to do the full course without having to interact with the container through a bash shell or ssh. To enable the correct parameters to be passed into the container I have put together a quick bash script used to launch the container. The script is not essential but it does save a lot of typing.
Switched to Alpine Linux, for a much smaller image
git clonethis repo
- build the container with ./build.sh or
docker build -t alexellis2/learnyounodedocker .
- type in docker images and you will see alexellis2/learnyounodedocker available in your
Running the course
- To list all available lessons type in
- To see the instructions for a lesson:
./learnyounode.sh "HELLO WOLRD"
- To try out your solution save your file as i.e.
ex1.jsand drop it in
./learnyounode.sh "HELLO WORLD" "ex1.js"