Dockerfile for running YaCy, a peer to peer search engine, on OpenShift Online platform.
1. Create a new project.
2. Open it, and click "Add to Project".
3. Select "Deploy Image" tab and enter
alkchr/yacy.openshift as image name.
4. Press "enter" and set a name.
5. Open "Application/Routes" tab and create a new Route.
8443 as a Target Port, configure "secured routes".
7. Visit your newly installed YaCy instance web-site.
If you have used
passthrough "TLS Termination mode" in the previous step,
custom unsigned certificates generated by YaCy will be used by default.
So, you may have to add a security exception in your browser.
8. Login using default credentials and change them at
Default username is
admin and password is
Note: OpenShift Guidline does not encourage to use default credentials
when creating images, however, YaCy uses a custom version of hashing algorithm for passwords
making it impractical to get a hash without running a node of YaCy first.
So, login using default user/password pair and don't forget to change them.
Distributed under the BSD 2-clause "Simplified" License unless otherwise noted.