Inspired by MailCatcher, easier to install.
- Download and run MailHog
- Configure your outgoing SMTP server
- View your outgoing email in a web UI
- Release it to a real mail server
Built with Go - MailHog runs without installation on multiple platforms.
MailHog is an email testing tool for developers:
- Configure your application to use MailHog for SMTP delivery
- View messages in the web UI, or retrieve them with the JSON API
- Optionally release messages to real SMTP servers for delivery
- Configure MailHog, or use the default settings:
- the SMTP server starts on port 1025
- the HTTP server starts on port 8025
- in-memory message storage
- ESMTP server implementing RFC5321
- Support for SMTP AUTH (RFC4954) and PIPELINING (RFC2920)
- Web interface to view messages (plain text, HTML or source)
- Supports RFC2047 encoded headers
- Real-time updates using EventSource
- Release messages to real SMTP servers
- Chaos Monkey for failure testing
- See Introduction to Jim for more information
- HTTP API to list, retrieve and delete messages
- HTTP basic authentication for MailHog UI and API
- Multipart MIME support
- Download individual MIME parts
- In-memory message storage
- MongoDB and file based storage for message persistence
- Lightweight and portable
- No installation required
mhsendmail is a sendmail replacement for MailHog.
It redirects mail to MailHog using SMTP.
You can also use
MailHog sendmail ... instead of the separate mhsendmail binary.
Clone this repository to
$GOPATH/src/github.com/mailhog/MailHog and type
See the Building MailHog guide.
Requires Go 1.4+ to build.
Run tests using
make test or
If you make any changes, run
go fmt ./... before submitting a pull request.
Copyright © 2014 - 2016, Ian Kent (http://iankent.uk)
Released under MIT license, see LICENSE for details.