Kitu server and client
Install the Docker toolbox (https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/mac/)
Install Node v 5.9 (latest stable as of this writing, use NVM if you need other versions)
npm install bower install # Build Docker containers (db and server unless otherwise specified) docker-compose build # In terminal window 1 of 2: start the Docker containers docker-compose up
If Docker complains, you may have to run:
docker-machine start default (or
restart) which starts Docker's VM, or
eval $(docker-machine env default) which sets environment vars related to Docker's VM.
# And then in terminal window 2 of 2: # Start the locally installed Gulp, because this project uses Gulp 4.0 # Default gulp task does everything but run the server (processes and concatenates JS/ES6, SCSS, html, runs watchers, opens browser sync) ./gulp
Known issues with getting the full set of containers to run:
- Many changes require running
docker-compose downand then
- Some changes require running
docker-compose build --no-cache, and then finally
- Docker may complain about certificates, sometimes, so you'll have to run
docker-machine regenerate-certs default. This will restart any running containers.
- to include Sass assets from bower_components, it's easiest at this point to @import them from the main scss file in src/scss
- This is a priority, but is currently a mess. This project is somewhere in between spaces and tabs, to eventually be changed to conform to Seamgen best practices.
- That means 2 spaces for JS, 4 spaces for HTML and CSS, among other things