Run the DuckDNS updater for dynamic DNS in a container
Install On unRaid:
On unRaid, install from the Community Applications and enter the app folder location.
Install On Other Platforms (like Ubuntu, Synology 5.2 DSM, etc.):
On other platforms, you can run this docker with the following command:
docker run -d --name="Duckdns" -e SUBDOMAINS="XXXX" -e TOKEN="YYYY" -v /path/to/config:/config:rw -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro aptalca/docker-duckdns
- Replace the variable "/path/to/config" with your choice of folder on your system. That is where the config and log files will reside.
- Visit http://www.duckdns.org to register your subdomain
- Replace XXXX with your DuckDNS subdomain(s) (You can include multiple subdomains, just separate them with a comma and leave no spaces in between)
- Replace YYYY with your DuckDNS token
- Start the container
- A file called duck.new.conf should be created with your info
- Check the log file 5 minutes later to make sure it is working correctly
- 2015-12-15 - Fix permissions on local files