JDownloader2 docker container with a built-in browser based gui
Install On unRaid:
On unRaid, install from the Community Repositories and enter the app folder location and the port for the webUI.
Install On Other Platforms (like Ubuntu or Synology 5.2 DSM, etc.):
On other platforms, you can run this docker with the following command:
docker run -d \ --name="JDownloader2" \ -e HEIGHT="720" \ -e WIDTH="1280" \ -v /path/to/config:/config:rw \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \ -p XXXX:8080 \ aptalca/docker-jdownloader2
- Replace "/path/to/config" with your choice of folder location. That is where all of your configuration and library files will reside, so you won't lose data when you update, reinstall, etc.
- Replace "XXXX" with your choice of port.
- You can change the screen resolution by modifying the WIDTH and HEIGHT variables.
- Ctrl-Alt-Shft will bring up the menu that allows changing input options, as well as controlling the clipboard
- In order to use the built-in browser for manual recaptcha solving, go to advanced settings, find the following two settings: 1)
GeneralSettings: Browser Command Lineand 2)
BrowserCaptchaSolver: Browser Commandlineand change both values to the following:
[ "/usr/bin/firefox", "%s" ]
To access the GUI, point your web browser to http://SERVERIP:PORT/#/client/c/JDownloader2 (Replace SERVERIP and PORT with your values)
JDownloader 2 also has a webserver accessible through my.jdownloader.org
- 2016-06-08 - Added firefox for recaptcha through the webgui (See instructions above on settings)
- 2016-01-08 - Fixed permissions for downloaded files. Should work better for samba shares.
Some platforms like Debian are having issues with setting timezones. If you get the following error:
mv: cannot move '/etc/localtime.dpkg-new' to '/etc/localtime': Device or resource busy
*** /etc/my_init.d/00_config.sh failed with status 1 and the container stops, remove the following from your run command:
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro and replace it with the following:
You can change the timezone to yours according to the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones