Notice: This container is for Zoneminder 1.28 and it will not be updated to 1.29 due to technical issues. For 1.29, use the new container here: https://hub.docker.com/r/aptalca/zoneminder-1.29/
Install On unRaid:
On unRaid, install from the Community Repositories and enter the app folder location and the port for the webUI.
For setup instructions, visit https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39413.msg367707#msg367707
Install On Other Platforms (like Ubuntu or Synology 5.2 DSM, etc.):
On other platforms, you can run this docker with the following command:
docker run -d --name="Zoneminder" --privileged=true -v /path/to/config:/config:rw -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 80:80 aptalca/docker-zoneminder
Tips and Setup Instructions:
- This container includes mysql, no need for a separate mysql/mariadb container
- All settings and library files are stored outside of the container and they are preserved when this docker is updated or re-installed (change the variable "/path/to/config" in the run command to a location of your choice)
- This container includes avconv (ffmpeg variant) and cambozola but they need to be enabled in the settings. In the WebUI, click on Options in the top right corner and go to the Images tab
- Click on the box next to OPT_Cambozola to enable
- Click on the box next OPT_FFMPEG to enable ffmpeg
- Enter the following for ffmpeg path: /usr/bin/avconv
- Enter the following for ffmpeg "output" options: -r 30 -vcodec libx264 -threads 2 -b 2000k -minrate 800k -maxrate 5000k (you can change these options to your liking)
- Next to ffmpeg_formats, add mp4 (you can also add a star after mp4 and remove the star after avi to make mp4 the default format)
- Hit save
- Now you should be able to add your cams and record in mp4 x264 format
- PS. In options under display, change the skin to "flat" it looks 100 times nicer
- 2015-10-27 - perl5/ZoneMinder folder is now persistent and available in the config folder to allow easy access for custom perl scripts - usbutils included in the package for usb camera support (needs to be further tested)
Please submit all comments and issues on the github page listed under source repository on the right
Thanks for this container... But how can I add the webcam ? I use /dev/video0 and I always add error. I also try the option «--device=/dev/video0»
I upgrade to 1.30 hoping fo resolve my startup issue.
But 1.30 went fine. But still have the startup issue.
I have to manually startup everything and do chown on events so it takes along time. This gives Zoneminder time to get started and running before the first run script is done and dies,
Something happens that I can not figure out why it dies if run normally on your script but if start mysql, zm and apache it runs fine.
There is no root password for mysql just type mysql in the container terminal and you'll be in
Please, I need the root password mysql where I can find?
@kyis I'll look into the size=70% thing. Thanks for letting me know.
1.29 changed a lot and a simple package update doesn't work. Quite a bit has to be modified within this container to make sure the update goes smoothly for the users and not break things.
I'm planning on releasing it within a week or two
Work great! (just had to tweak the first_run.sh with size=70% to avoid errors with HD cams).
Is there anyway to force a rebuild or is it manual on your end? (1.29 came out a month ago and it's awesome)
@arthurtsang That is interesting, I was not aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately this container has to run in privileged mode due to changes in memory allocations.
thanks! it works! just a note, i have mysql installed on the machine that's running docker and hit this issue (https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/7512). I have to uninstall mysql (make sure the profile under /etc/apparmor is deleted) and restart docker daemon to get mysql inside the container to start.
Link to Zoneminder index...