Install On unRaid:
On unRaid, install from the Community Repositories and enter the app folder location and the port for the webUI.
Install On Other Platforms (like Ubuntu or Synology 5.2 DSM, etc.):
On other platforms, you can run this docker with the following command:
docker run -d --name="Zoneminder-1.29" --privileged=true -v /path/to/config:/config:rw -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 80:80 aptalca/zoneminder-1.29
Tips and Setup Instructions:
- This container includes mysql, no need for a separate mysql/mariadb container
- All settings and library files are stored outside of the container and they are preserved when this docker is updated or re-installed (change the variable "/path/to/config" in the run command to a location of your choice)
- This container includes avconv (ffmpeg variant) and cambozola but they need to be enabled in the settings. In the WebUI, click on Options in the top right corner and go to the Images tab
- Click on the box next to OPT_Cambozola to enable
- Click on the box next OPT_FFMPEG to enable ffmpeg
- Enter the following for ffmpeg path: /usr/bin/avconv
- Enter the following for ffmpeg "output" options: -r 30 -vcodec libx264 -threads 2 -b 2000k -minrate 800k -maxrate 5000k (you can change these options to your liking)
- Next to ffmpeg_formats, add mp4 (you can also add a star after mp4 and remove the star after avi to make mp4 the default format)
- Hit save
- Now you should be able to add your cams and record in mp4 x264 format
- The web gui will be available at http://serverip:port/zm
- On first start, open zoneminder settings, go to the paths tab and enter the following for PATH_ZMS:
- The default timezone for php is set as America/New_York if you would like to change it, edit the php.ini in the config folder. Here's a list of available timezone options: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
- 2016-03-26 - Fixed the images, events and temp folder paths
- 2016-03-14 - Fixed the Cambozola location
- 2016-03-10 - Release
How do I allow remote access to port 3306 from mysql inside Container Zoneminder? I created an api that does CRUD.
An update to 1.3 would be highly appreciated. An update won´t work because of the non default symlinks....
Any chance to update this Containerimage to the ZoneMinderversion 1.3?
Thank you for the docker. I added the docker to DSM but cannot added a FFMPEG ip camera source...
ffmpeg as source
The same settings worked on debian zoneminder though. I just get it to connect! I added all the paths as mentioned above
Thanks very much for this. I have it working on FreeNAS.
Any chance of a Zoneminder 1.30 release?
Thanks for this container.
I got it working with a Wanscam HW0045.
I'm wondering though if this version includes your work on ONVIF support?
I'd like to be able to control the PTZ features and this should be the way to go it seems.
It worked on my dlink wireless camera. thanks for your great work. im new with docker and still learning.