What you get
POI (Points of interest) Generic Enabler is a web server kit that supports
- storing information related to locations
- serving queries by location and other criteria
- can be configured to meet your data needs
Why to get it
POI Generic Enabler makes it relatively easy to
- Relate any information to places, e.g.
- Tourist attractions / services
- Photos, videos, 3D content
- Special location data of your business
- Imaginary items of an outdoor game
- Search information by location and other criteria
- Store information by location
- Develop an application that utilizes those capabilities
To Install and Start
The following command will install the container if needed, and then starts the service.
$ docker run -d -p 80:80 ariokkon/fiware_poi_dataprovider
To configure the server container, log in to the container. Find the container id by
$ docker ps
Then using the <container_id> log in using
$ docker exec -it <container_id> /bin/bash -c "export TERM=xterm; exec bash"
Setting up user authentication
User authentication is needed, if
- the server will contain confidential data not for anyone's eyes, or
- the REST interface will be used to add or update data.
You'll find detailed instructions to set up user authentication in Installation and Administration Guide
Enabling the Client
An optional feature
The demo client allows you to immediately utilize your POI data provider. It shows POIs of selected categories on Google Maps background. It also allows you to add, modify, and delete individual POIs, if you have proper credentials.
NOTE: You need a Google Maps API key, because Google inc. requires you to obtain an API key for the application using Google Maps. You can obtain it from Get a Key/Authentication.
pois/index.html replacing the string "YOUR_GOOGLE_API_KEY" with your actual API key.
# sudo nano /var/www/html/pois/index.html
NOTE: The changes are not saved to the image. They are lost, when the container is stopped. See Docker documentation how to do permanent changes.
POI Data Provider is an implementation of the FIWARE POI Data Provider Generic Enabler Generic Enabler. More specifically, POI Data Provider implements the following APIs and Open Specifications: