This repository includes the core packages that we are using in the lab. Core
packages means that can be useful in different experiments and setups. The
repository is private and for internal use within the lab.
The documentation for the latest release can be found here. For the latest master you need to produce it locally with
doxygen Doxyfile inside the repository. Then see
From version v0.7 the master branch is compatible with Ubuntu 16.04 and ROS Kinetic. If you want to use older code which works with Ubuntu 14.04 and ROS Indigo, you should use a version older than v0.6.4, e.g.:
git checkout v0.6.4
The basic structure of the repository is as follows. Each directory includes its
own README file with more details.
- Core Library: A C++ library including robot interface,
math/geometry libraries, robot visualization etc.
- KUKA LWR packages: ROS packages for controlling the KUKA
- ATI Sensor packages: ROS packages for reading data from the
ATI F/T sensor, including its 3D model for the URDF.
- BarrettHand packages: ROS packages controlling the
- Robot Descriptions: In this ROS package we have models
for the handle, the ASUS xtion camera mounted on the KUKA etc for using it in
- MuJoCo: Package for using MuJoCo Physics Engine.
- MoveIt! Configs: Includes MoveIt! configuration ROS packages for
our robots. Enables the use of motion planning using MoveIt! with LWR,
- Examples: Examples for using the above codebase. You can use the
examples as a base for your own code.
Before contributing to this repository please check the contributing guidelines.
If you experienced a bug, identified a missing feature, missing examples,
missing or false documentation please create a new branch and try to fix
it. If you do not have time to fix it by yourself immediately please open
a github issue. This way we can keep track of issues that need to be fixed in
the future and not forget them.
Clone your repository inside your catkin workspace and run the install script:
git clone https://github.com/auth-arl/autharl_core.git cd autharl_core ./install.sh
If you want full installation use the
Do not use the full installation option in computers that BarrettHand is
already installed like the KUKA PC.
Then you can build your catkin workspace as usual.
- If you create a library which depends on
autharl_core, declare the
dependency in the
DEPENDS, in order to avoid
build, but also (nasty) runtime errors.