What is it ?
OwnCoin is a bundle of a bitcoin server and a web application connecting to that server. The goal is to provide an easy and secure way to host your own bitcoin wallet, with multiple account support etc... To achieve such a goal we're using Docker to bundle all the things.
How does this works inside ?
Inside the container the entrypoint will start the following components :
- The OwnCoin application : A ruby on rails application launched by the Puma server
- Nginx to serve the static files and proxy_pass calls to the Puma server
- The bitcoin server to handle the wallet
Can you show me what it looks like ?
I will soon upload some screenshots.
Okay, I want to have it !
Great ! Glad to hear, here is how to deploy it, simply run this command on a server with docker installed :
$ docker run --name=owncoin \ -p 8333:8333 -p 10080:80 \ -v /mnt/volumes/owncoin:/data \ -e BC_USERNAME=myusername \ -e BC_PASSWORD=mypassword \ -e SECRET_KEY_BASE=mysecret \ bahaika/owncoin:latest
I want to contribute !
There is two way for contrinuting to this software :
- Make a pull request, I'll review it.
- Make a donation to this bitcoin address :