This application creates a REST API that can be used to send commands to a Denon AV receiver over
a network connection. This was tested with my Denon AVR-E300, but should be compatible with other
Denon network-attached receivers.
How to use
1) Install Node (http://nodejs.org) and execute
npm install in the root directory of this project.
node server.js [ip address of receiver] [optional port] to launch the web server.
3) Send GET commands to http://localhost:[port]/api/[command]
- Port 8000 is the default port if none is specified.
- The full list of valid commands is available in the included protocol PDF from Denon.
- You may need to adjust settings on your receiver to allow remote network control of your device.
- This application communicates with the receiver via the factory-provided telnet API.
'http://localhost:8000/api/SIDVD' //Sets Input to DVD 'http://localhost:8000/api/SITUNER' //Sets Input to TUNER 'http://localhost:8000/api/PWON' //turns PoWer ON