Apache Spark Image for Advanced Spark I Course
This Docker image should be used for creating environments for conducting hands-on labs for the Advanced Spark I course on the www.bigdatauniversity.com. You can use it to create Spark environment on your own laptop/desktop or on one of the supported public clouds.
This docker image contained pre-deployed Apache Hadoop with Spark and Zeppelin notebooks.
Set up Docker environment on your laptop
How to use this image ?
Apple Mac with Kitematic
type bigdatauniversity in the search box to filter the Docker Hub catalog to Big Data University provided images
Click on Create button on the spark2 image to create Docker container using this image
Ubuntu, Windows and Apple Mac with boot2docker
Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows, please start Boot2Docker before running any docker commands
1) Pull (download) this Docker image
Run this command in your terminal window:
docker pull bigdatauniversity/advanced-spark
Note: it may take a while to pull this image over the internet
2) Start Spark container
docker run -it --name advanced_spark -P -p 8088:8088 -p 18080:18080 -p 8080:8080 -p 8081:8081 bigdatauniversity/advanced-spark:latest /etc/bootstrap.sh -bash
- How to restart and attach to the container
If you exit from Docker Container, you can always restart and attach to it later by running the below:
docker start advanced_spark docker attach advanced_spark
- Start a new command in a running container
docker exec -it advanced_spark <command>
The supported tags stands for version of Spark.
Supported Docker versions
- This image is officially supported on Docker version 1.6.0.
- Support for older versions (down to 1.0) is provided on a best-effort basis.
- Zhong Yu (Leo) Wu ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Emerging Technology Team ( email@example.com ), IBM Analytics Platform
Like this image? Give us a star at the top of this page!