Apache Spark Image for the Spark Fundamentals II Course
This Docker image should be used for creating environments for conducting hands-on labs for the Spark Fundamentals II course on the www.bigdatauniversity.com. You can use it to create Spark environment on your own laptop/desktop or on one of the supported public clouds.
This docker image contained pre-deployed Apache Hadoop with Spark and Zeppelin notebooks.
How to use this image ?
Start Kitematic in Docker folder
type bigdatauniversity in the search box to filter the Docker Hub catalog to Big Data University provided images
Click on Create button on the spark image to create Docker container using this image
Docker Quickstart Terminal (CLI)
-- "Applications -> Docker -> Docker Quickstart Terminal"
-- "Start -> Program -> Docker -> Docker Quickstart Terminal".
Then run the below steps within this terminal.
1) Pull (download) this Docker image
Run this command in your terminal window:
docker pull bigdatauniversity/spark2
Note: it may take a while to pull this image over the internet
2) Start Spark container
docker run -it --name bdu_spark2 -P -p 4040:4040 -p 4041:4041 -p 8080:8080 -p 8081:8081 bigdatauniversity/spark2:latest /etc/bootstrap.sh -bash
- How to restart and attach to the container
If you exit from Docker Container, you can always restart and attach to it later by running the below:
docker start bdu_spark2 docker attach bdu_spark2
- Start a new command in a running container
docker exec -it bdu_spark2 <command>
The supported tags stands for version of Spark.
Supported Docker versions
- This image is officially supported on Docker version 1.6.0.
- Support for older versions (down to 1.0) is provided on a best-effort basis.
- Zhong Yu (Leo) Wu ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Emerging Technology Team ( email@example.com ), IBM Analytics Platform
Like this image? Give us a star at the top of this page!