Alpine Linux based Elasticsearch Docker Image
Table of Contents
- Image Tags
- Getting Started
Compare Image Sizes:
- official elasticsearch = 206 MB - blacktop/elasticsearch = 123 MB
blacktop version is 83 MB smaller !
REPOSITORY TAG SIZE blacktop/elasticsearch latest 117MB blacktop/elasticsearch 6.0 117MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.6 124MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.5 123MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.4 123MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.3 123MB blacktop/elasticsearch x-pack 691MB blacktop/elasticsearch geoip 150MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.2 150MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.1 149MB blacktop/elasticsearch 5.0 148.4MB blacktop/elasticsearch 2.4 116MB blacktop/elasticsearch kopf 122MB blacktop/elasticsearch 2.3 139.1MB blacktop/elasticsearch 1.7 142.7MB
- tag x-pack is the same as tag latest, but includes the x-pack, the ingest-geoip and the ingest-user-agent plugin.
- tag geoip is the same as tag latest, but includes the ingest-geoip and the ingest-user-agent plugin.
- tag kopf is the same as tag 2.4, but includes the kopf plugin.
$ docker run -d --name elastic -p 9200:9200 blacktop/elasticsearch
- To create an elasticsearch cluster
- To increase the HEAP_SIZE to 2GB
- To monitor the clusters metrics using dockerbeat
- To run in production
Known Issues :warning:
I have noticed when running the new 5.0+ version on a linux host you need to increase the memory map areas with the following command
sudo sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144
Find a bug? Want more features? Find something missing in the documentation? Let me know! Please don't hesitate to file an issue
Heavily (if not entirely) influenced by https://github.com/docker-library/elasticsearch
Production docs from https://stefanprodan.com/2016/elasticsearch-cluster-with-docker/
MIT Copyright (c) 2016-2017 blacktop