Yevgeniy Brikman Home Page
This is the code for the Yevgeniy Brikman Home Page.
I wanted a clean, simple home page where I could put my writing, speaking,
projects, and photos. It had to be fast, mobile-friendly, free to build, and
easy to update. This is the result. Forks and pull requests are welcome!
Check out Migrating from Blogger to GitHub Pages and launching the new ybrikman.com
for background info.
- Use Git to clone this repo.
- Make sure you have Jekyll installed.
- Just the first time:
- To build the site and serve it:
bundle exec jekyll serve.
- To test:
Docker quick start
As an alternative to installing Ruby and Jekyll, if you're a user of
Docker, you can run a Docker image of
yevgeniy-brikman-homepage that has all the dependencies already setup for you.
git clonethis repo
- Go to
- Built with Jekyll. This website is completely static
and I use basic HTML or Markdown for everything.
- Hosted on GitHub Pages. I'm using the
GitHub Pages Gem
and only Jekyll plugins that are
available on GitHub Pages.
- Free SSL and CDN provided by CloudFlare.
- The design is loosely based on Kasper,
Pixyll, and Medium.
- I used Basscss, Sass,
Font Awesome Icons,
Google Fonts for styling.
- I used jQuery, lazySizes,
and responsive-nav.js for behavior.
- I added Disqus as a commenting system.
- I'm using UptimeRobot and
Google Analytics for monitoring and
- Most of the blog posts were imported from my old Blogger account, so there
are a few hacky Ruby scripts in
_scriptsleft over from that migration.
This code is released under the MIT License. See LICENSE.txt.