A CapiTainS Guidelines template for cookiecutter.
Docker Image for CookieCutter guidelines. Allows you to generate your first directories for CapiTainS guidelines as well as a skeletton for your XML.
Docker basics commands and vocabulary
- Image : A docker image is a skeletton for running software without having to install anything except docker. It's a specific state of a container.
- Container : A container is an instance, a running application, of a docker image.
- Local Build of the image (advanced users only)
docker build .in this directory
Creating a container
- Replace /path/to/ by your own absolute path to given directory.
- If you used a local build, save the hash given at the end of the build (such as
475d347abade). If you do not understand this sentence, do not worry, docker will download the latest version of the source image.
- First run
docker run -i --name cookiecutter-guidelines -v /path/to/work/folder:/code capitains/cookiecutter-guideline:latestwill run and pull the docker instance
-v /first/path:/second/pathcreates a data volumes and forwards
/first/path(on your machine) to
/second/path(on the docker container). We use it to save the output on your host machine
--name cookiecutter-guidelinesnames your cookiecutter-guidelines capitains. If you want to have multiple containers, change the name.
- Second run
docker run -i --name cookiecutter-guidelines
Docker Pull Command