Shinobi is the Open Source CCTV Solution written in Node.JS. Designed with multiple account system, Streams by WebSocket, and Save to WebM. Shinobi can record IP Cameras and Local Cameras.
For an updated list of features visit the official website. http://shinobi.video/features
- Defeats stream limit imposed by browsers
- With Base64 (Stream Type) and JPEG Mode (Option)
- Records IP Cameras and Local Cameras
- Streams by WebSocket, HLS (includes audio), and MJPEG
- Save to WebM and MP4
- Can save Audio
- Push Events - When a video is finished it will appear in the dashboard without a refresh
- Region Motion Detection (Similar to ZoneMinder Zone Detection)
- Represented by a Motion Guage on each monitor
- "No Motion" Notifications
- 1 Process for Each Camera to do both, Recording and Streaming
- Timeline for viewing Motion Events and Videos
- Sub-Accounts with permissions
- Monitor Viewing
- Monitor Editing
- Video Deleting
- Separate API keys for sub account
- Cron Filters can be set based on master account
- Stream Analyzer built-in (FFprobe GUI)
- Monitor Groups
- Can snapshot images from stream directly
- Lower Bandwith Mode (JPEG Mode)
- Snapshot (cgi-bin) must be enabled in Monitor Settings
- Control Cameras from Interface
- Get videos
- Get monitors
- Change monitor modes : Disabled, Watch, Record
- Embedding streams
- Dashboard Framework made with Google Material Design Lite, jQuery, and Bootstrap
Help make Shinobi the best Open Source CCTV Solution.
Donate - http://shinobi.video/docs/donate
Ordering a License, Paid Support, or anything from <a href="//camera.observer">here</a> will allow a lot more time to be spent on Shinobi.
Order Support - http://shinobi.video/support
Why make this?
What others say
"After trying zoneminder without success (heavy unstable and slow) I passed to Shinobi that despite being young spins a thousand times better (I have a setup with 16 cameras recording in FHD to ~ 10fps on a pentium of ~ 2009 and I turn with load below 1.5)."
A Reddit user
"I would suggest Shinobi as a NVR. It's still in the early days but works a lot better than ZoneMinder for me. I'm able to record 16 cams at 1080p 15fps continously whith no load on server (Pentium E5500 3GB RAM) where zm crashed with 6 cams at 720p. Not to mention the better interface."
A Reddit user
How to Install and Run
Installation Tutorials - http://shinobi.video/docs/start
Troubleshooting Guide - http://shinobi.video/docs/start#trouble-section
Follow Shinobi on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShinobiCCTV
Join the Community Chat
<a title="Find me on Discord, Get an Invite" href="https://discordapp.com/invite/mdhmvuH"><img src="https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/115/1*OoXboCzk0gYvTNwNnV4S9A@2x.png"></a>
Paid license required only if you choose to bill your users for the use of Shinobi.
Personal and Educational purposes do not require a license.
Educational Institutions, such as high schools and universities, do not require the purchase of a license.
Documentation - http://shinobi.video/docs
Donate - https://shinobi.video/docs/donate
Tested Cameras and Systems - http://shinobi.video/docs/supported
Features - http://shinobi.video/features
Reddit (Forum) - https://www.reddit.com/r/ShinobiCCTV/
YouTube (Tutorials) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbgbBLTK-koTyjOmOxA9msQ
Discord (Community Chat) - https://discordapp.com/invite/mdhmvuH
Twitter (News) - https://twitter.com/ShinobiCCTV
Facebook (News) - https://www.facebook.com/Shinobi-1223193167773738/?ref=bookmarks