Important: This image does NOT include Django. You need to include it in your
This docker image includes some helpers and utilities for developing and
deploying Django applications.
It's based off of ceroic/python-base, which itself is based off of the
official python image in the Docker Hub. So many of the decisions are based
off of that.
What else is included?
Along with python we include the following packages and configurations.
- nodejs - We typically require node for building client assets.
- phantomjs-prebuilt - Pre-installing this beast makes things go a bit quicker.
- /usr/src/app - Inspired by the Python image, this is where our code goes.
- Debian Backports - For updated packages
- nginx - This supports "proxy" mode explained below.
- Init script - This script serves as an entry point, features are explained below.
- Onbuild directives