The Ultimate Open Source WebChat Platform
- Live Demo
- Mobile apps
- Desktop apps
- About Rocket.Chat
Checkout the latest version at https://demo.rocket.chat
Download the Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application at Rocket.Chat.Electron
Available from the AppStore
Available from Google Play
Now compatible with all Android devices as old as version 4.0.x - download here, even on BlackBerry Passport!
Also available as FirefoxOS app
Host your own Rocket.Chat server in four seconds flat
Host your own Rocket.Chat server for FREE with One-Click Deploy
Deploy your own Rocket.Chat server instantly on Scalingo
Grab the Sandstorm SPK for the latest Rocket.Chat release for testing on your own server.
Use the automated build image of our most recent release
docker pull rocketchat/rocket.chat:latest
OR select a specific release (details of releases available):
docker pull rocketchat/rocket.chat:vX.X.X
OR our official docker registry image, containing recent stable release build approved by Docker:
docker pull rocket.chat
Run solid five-nines deployment on industry workhorse FreeBSD server:
Automated production-grade deployment in minutes, for RHEL / CentOS 7 or Ubuntu 14.04 LTS / 15.04:
Raspberry Pi 2
Run Rocket.Chat on this world famous $30 quad core server:
Follow these deployment instructions
Ubuntu Software Center
Easy one click install right from your Ubuntu Desktop (coming soon)
It is a great solution for communities and companies wanting to privately host their own chat service or for developers looking forward to build and evolve their own chat platforms.
On the News
Yes, we made it to the #1
Your own open source Slack-like chat
Rocket.Chat 是特性最丰富的 Slack 开源替代品之一。 主要功能：群组聊天，直接通信，私聊群，桌面通知，媒体嵌入，链接预览，文件上传，语音/视频 聊天，截图等等。
Para los programadores que quieran ofrecer un chat en su web
Un chat de código abierto que puedes añadir a la web
Why Slack when you can Rocket.chat?
Self-hosted alternatives to popular cloud services
- BYOS (bring your own server)
- Multiple Rooms
- Direct Messages
- Private Groups
- Public Channels
- Desktop Notifications
- Media Embeds
- Link Previews
- Sent Message Edit and Deletion
- Transcripts / History
- File Upload / Sharing
- Full text search
- Live chat / Messaging call center
- LDAP Authentication
- CAS 1.0 support for education institutions and hosting providers worldwide
- Support for Okta SSO through SAML v2
- I18n - Supports 22 Languages
- Hubot Friendly
- Face to Face Video Conferencing (aka WebRTC)
- Multi-users Video Group Chat
- Audio calls
- Multi-users Audio Conference
- XMPP bridge (try it)
- REST APIs
- Remote Locations Video Monitoring
- Chat-ops powered by Hubot: scalable horizontal app integration (early access)
- Massively scalable hosting and provisioning (beta testing now)
- Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux
- Mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Download on AppStore!
- Mobile app for Android phone, tablet, and TV stick Available now on Google Play!
- Native Firefox OS Application (also for Desktop Firefox and Firefox for Android!) - Check the wiki page for install instructions
- Sandstorm.io instant Rocket.Chat server Now on Sandstorm App Store
- XMPP Support via Webhook bridge Issue #404
- Federation via matrix.org, see hubot-freddie and Federation project : Issue #520, Issue #601
- Support multiple teams on the same instance / same VPS infrastructure: Issue #658, Issue #630
- Support for PostgreSQL: Issue #533, Issue #822
- Native iOS Application Issue #270, Rocket.Chat.iOS - HELP WANTED
- Native Android Application Issue #271 - HELP WANTED
- Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging Issue #36, Issue #268 - HELP WANTED
- API-enabled methods: Issue #202, Issue #454, Issue #455, Issue #759
- Scalable WebRTC broadcaster / media-server integration, Issue #1118 - HELP WANTED
- Kerberos Authentication: Issue #839
- More webhooks: GitLab, Confluence, Jira, Piwik, Wordpress: Issue #233, Issue #525, Issue #637, Issue #638, Issue #747
- Anonymous use of Rocket.Chat: Issue #604
- File Sharing via P2P and Scalable Multicast: Issue #369, Issue #370
- Anti-virus checking on file uploads: Issue #757
Github Issues are used to track todos, bugs, feature requests, and more.
The docker image is ready.
Everyone can start hacking the adapter code, or launch his/her own bot within a few minutes now.
Please head over to the Hubot Integration Project for more information.
Chat-ops integrations powered by Hubot
Integrate your application with fly-in panels today! Early access is available for developers.
Many, many, many more to come!
We are developing the APIs based on the competition, so stay tuned and you will see a lot happening here.
Checkout Github Wiki
Note that Rocket.Chat is distributed under the MIT License.
Quick start for code developers
Now just clone and start the app:
git clone https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.git cd Rocket.Chat meteor
If you are not a developer and just want to run the server - see deployment methods.
It is based on Gitflow Workflow, reference section below is derived from Vincent Driessen at nvie.
See also this Git Workflows Comparison for more details.
We are experimenting Lingohub.
If you want to help, send an email to support at rocket.chat to be invited to the translation project.
How to Contribute
A lot of work has already gone into Rocket.Chat, but we have much bigger plans for it!
Emoji provided free by Emoji One
Performance monitoring provided by Kadira
Hosting powered by Rackspace
Rocket.Chat will be free forever, but you can help us speed-up the development!