Elusive - SIEM SIIT 2016
Faculty of Technical Science
Subject: Security in E-Business Systems
- Sladic Goran (Professor)
- Luburic Nikola (Teaching Assistant)
- Bratic Stefan
- Vojnovic Milorad
- Vladisavljev Arsenije
Student project that consists of creating SIEM center using ELK stack.
- Python 2.x.x or 3.x.x
- Docker Machine
- Docker Compose
- Powershell v3 (if on Windows)
docker-compose -f deployments/docker-compose-local.yml up --build -dto start elastic stack. Make sure Docker is up and running in your environment. If you can to run images from docker registry run instead
docker-compose -f deployments/docker-compose.yml up --build -dIt will download already built docker images for this project and create containers for them.
cd log_generator && python main.pyto start generation of logs
After system is up, go to: https://localhost:5601 which represents kibana client for elastics stack and log in with username elastic and password changeme
Navigate to Management -> Index Patterns
In the text field in the middle of the current screen write firebeat-*, then click out of text field to refresh loading and lastly in the options box below text field, select '@timestamp' as time field and click 'Create'.
Repeat 5. for appbeat-*, apachebeat-*, linuxbeat-*, winlogbeat-*
In Discover menu you can watch in real time logs that are coming to elasticsearch from different sources separated by indexes you defined above.
Folders located in resources folder(resources/apachebeat, resources/appbeat and resources/firebeat) contain visualization and dashboards exports for kibana. In order to import them, you need navigate in kibana to path Management -> Saved Objects and press Import. When file dialog is opened select json file that represents Visualization or Dashboard export.
For elastic stack rules you need to run
./scripts/load-rules.sh. It will run a script that will add all existing rules for this project. Make sure elastic stack is up and running.
- cryptography folder contains scripts and resources needed for creating and managing certificates.
- deployment folder contains docker-compose and dockerfile configuration of the whole system
- documents folder pdf, markdown files that contain information related to project and also rule design and rules payload.
- log_generator folder contains python implementation of simulator for generating custom logs.
- resources folder contain assets related to project
- scripts folder contain files that are used to configure system properly.
- test_logs is default location where log will be generated