Dockerfile to setup Android build environment for Shippable
Modifying and testing Dockerfile
The Oracle site is very slow, making the JDK8 download a pain. Here's how to work around the large downloads:
- download the jdk and android sdk into a folder on your machine
- in this folder, run on commandline: python -m SimpleHTTPServer
- in the Dockerfile, comment jdk download line and uncomment the next line, substituting the url of the webserver to your local ip number.
- do the same thing for the android sdk line
- modify the Dockerfile as you please
- Undo the jdk and android sdk changes!!
- when done, push the repo to bitbucket/master
When pushed, bitbucket will inform Docker hub that a new version is available.
Docker hub will fetch the repo, and start building the image. Currently this is about 2 Gb so it will
take a few minutes.
The app repo specifies to use the new Docker image as build image, so it will fetch this image and run the build in the new container.