An Implementation of the Rblpapi Package on Rbase & Ubuntu inside Docker
by Collective Acuity
- Ubuntu 14:04 (OS)
- R-Base 3.2.3 (Environment)
- Rblpapi 0.3.2 (Framework)
- Python 3.5
- Python 2.7
- R in a Container
- Rblpapi Package connects R to Bloomberg API
- Lean Footprint
- EC2 Ready for Deployment
- Install Docker Toolbox on Local Device
- Install Git on Local Device
- Clone/Fork Repository from Version Control service
- Create a /cred Folder in Root to Store Tokens
- [Optional] Create a New Private Remote Repository
Initiates an automated build command on Docker to update base image
- Container Alias
- Token from Docker Build Settings
- Environment Variable File (in cred/)
The Git and Docker repos contain all the configuration for deployment to AWS.
Google Drive can be used to synchronize local copies across multiple dev devices.
Use AWS IAM to assign user permissions and create keys for each collaborator.
Collaborators are required to install dependencies on their local device.
Repo should be FORKED by collaborators so reality is controlled by one admin.
New dependencies should be added to the Dockerfile, NOT to the repo files.
Collaborators should test changes to Dockerfile locally before merging to remote:
docker build -t test-image .
.gitignore and .dockerignore have already been installed in key locations.
To prevent unintended file proliferation through version control & provisioning,
add/edit .gitignore and .dockerignore to include all new:
- local environments folders
- localhost dependencies
- configuration files with credentials and local variables