Wine Cellar Sample Application with Backbone.js and Twitter Bootstrap
"Backbone Cellar" is a sample CRUD application built with Backbone.js and Twitter Bootstrap, originally developed by Christophe Coenraets and published in the backbone-cellar GitHub repository. The application allows you to browse through a list of wines, as well as add, update, and delete wines.
This application is further documented here.
The application is also hosted online. You can test it here.
The application is provided with a RESTful back-end implemented in PHP (see the /api directory).
Dockerfile and adaptation to run via Docker Compose created by Germán Moltó for the Curso Online de Cloud Computing con Amazon Web Services.
Environment variables required for the Cellar PHP application
The following environment variables are consulted by the PHP application:
- MYSQL_HOST (The hostname or IP of the MySQL container)
- MYSQL_USER (The username to access the MySQL container)
- MYSQL_PASSWORD (The password to access the MySQL container)
- MYSQL_DATABASE (The database name that contains the wines information)
- MYSQL_PORT (The port in which the MySQL container is running)
Deploy application via Docker Compose
Use the following Docker Compose file.
Deploy the application (MySQL and Cellar Application containers) with:
docker-compose up -d
Connect to http://doker-host-ip. The application will be listening in port 80.