Web frontend for MPD and Mopidy
Mirror of http://sourceforge.net/projects/rompr/
Rompr is a music player that lets you discover more about the music you love and discover new music you don't even know yet. It is a client for the mpd music server.
It plays your local music, internet radio, podcasts and anything supported by Mopidy - eg Spotify, SoundCloud, Youtube...
On top of all that, you can use Rompr in a browser on one computer to play music out of another. So if you have a media centre connected to your Hi-Fi, Rompr can control it. It supports most modern mobile devices too.
Its looks are inspired by Amarok 2.
Please use the Wiki to get installation instructions and a basic usage guide.
- Plays local music, radio stations, podcasts.
- Has a sophisticated collectionizer - sorts your music by artist and album so you don't have to keep everything organised into directories
- If you prefer to keep your music organized yourself, you can browse your directories directly
- Cover art support
- Get artist biographies from Last.FM, Wikipedia, Musicbrainz, and Discogs, and Spotify
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Runs in a browser on desktop and mobile devices
- Lyric support for local files
- Advanced Spotify Support when used with Mopidy
- 'Smart' radio functions to play random tracks by various rules
- Alarm Clock
- UI Themes