To fully utilize data stored in the RDB (relational database) in the Semantic Web context while keeping the database content up-to-date, it is ideal to have a middleware to map RDB datasets to those of RDF (Resource Description Framework) graph and to provide an interface where user can access to the RDB using SPARQL (SPARQL Protocol and RDF Query Language).
D2RQ Mapper is a web application that assists generating configuration files for the D2RQ D2RQ platform. D2RQ provides a SPARQL endpoint that connects to a designated RDB SQL interface and is also used to dump RDB datasets in RDF.
With the D2RQ Mapper, user can easily
- create/edit a mapping file which connects RDB database(s) and RDF
- join databases and tables if necessary
- configure mappings from RDB table columns and values in cells to RDF triples
- query the RDB databases with SPARQL on-the-fly, and
- dump a resulting RDF dataset
D2RQ Mapper generates both D2RQ and R2RML mapping files for download.
How to start D2RQ Mapper server
To start the D2RQ Mapper server, run the following command.
$ docker run -d -p 80:80 d2rqmapper/d2rq-mapper
After starting the D2RQ Mapper server, you can aceess D2RQ Mapper at the following URL.