As part of the CAEBAT (Computer Aided Engineering for Batteries) activities, ORNL developed a flexible, robust, and computationally scalable open-architecture framework that integrates multi-physics and multi-scale battery models. The main components of this CAEBAT infrastructure are:
- OAS – Open Architecture Software – provides a python based computational infrastrucure for interaction and orchestration between the various components
- BatML – An XML standard for battery inputs along with translators to other formatsvibe1
- Battery State – A standard for the state file to exchange information between the components
- ICE – Integrated Computational Environment to provide an user environment to simplify the workflow of modeling and visualizing batteries
- VIBE – Virtual Integrated Battery Environment which brings all these pieces together with several components to be able to simulate batteries
Note that this image does not contains ICE.