kube-aws CoreOS/Kubernetes tool built into Docker.
kube-aws tool for provisioning a CoreOS/Kubernetes cluster on AWS
- A Docker build for the kube-aws command line tool, used to build Kubernetes on AWS. For more info, see Kubernetes on AWS
- This image is built from the Alpine Linux base image.
- Docker :whale: - if you are on Mac, checkout the Docker Toolbox
- An AWS account and API credentials - AWS
To build the Docker image and provision a cluster
- The supported way to provide AWS credentials to kube-aws is by exporting the following environment variables:
export AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=AKID1234567890 export AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=MY-SECRET-KEY
- Follow the kube-aws README to create the KMS key and cluster assets README
- Run the container and mount the cluster assets to validate, render and provision.
$ docker run -v $(pwd):/root/ --rm danielwhatmuff/kube-aws-docker kube-aws < render | validate | up >
- Control the cluster using danielwhatmuff/kubectl Docker image
$ kubectl --kubeconfig=kubeconfig get nodes
File issues in GitHub to report bugs or issue a pull request to contribute.
Docker Pull Command