Grafana is an open source, feature rich metrics dashboard and graph editor for
Graphite, Elasticsearch, OpenTSDB, Prometheus and InfluxDB.
- Install instructions
- What's New in Grafana 2.0
- What's New in Grafana 2.1
- What's New in Grafana 2.5
- What's New in Grafana 3.0
Graphite Target Editor
- Graphite target expression parser
- Feature rich query composer
- Quickly add and edit functions & parameters
- Templated queries
- See it in action
- Fast rendering, even over large timespans
- Click and drag to zoom
- Multiple Y-axis, logarithmic scales
- Bars, Lines, Points
- Smart Y-axis formatting
- Series toggles & color selector
- Legend values, and formatting options
- Grid thresholds, axis labels
- Any panel can be rendered to PNG (server side using phantomjs)
- Create, edit, save & search dashboards
- Change column spans and row heights
- Drag and drop panels to rearrange
- Scripted dashboards
- Dashboard playlists
- Time range controls
- Share snapshots publicly
- Feature rich query editor UI
- Use InfluxDB as a metric data source, annotation source
- Query editor with series and column typeahead, easy group by and function selection
- Use as metric data source
- Query editor with metric name typeahead and tag filtering
There are no dependencies except an external time series data store. For dashboards and user accounts Grafana can use an embedded
database (sqlite3) or you can use an external SQL data base like MySQL or Postgres.
If you have any problems please read the troubleshooting guide.
Documentation & Support
Be sure to read the getting started guide and the other feature guides.
Run from master
If you want to build a package yourself, or contribute. Here is a guide for how to do that. You can always find
the latest master builds here
- Go 1.5
- NodeJS v4+
go get github.com/grafana/grafana
Since imports of dependencies use the absolute path github.com/grafana/grafana within the $GOPATH,
you will need to put your version of the code in $GOPATH/src/github.com/grafana/grafana to be able
to develop and build grafana on a cloned repository. To do so, you can clone your forked repository
directly to $GOPATH/src/github.com/grafana or you can create a symbolic link from your version
of the code to $GOPATH/src/github.com/grafana/grafana. The last options makes it possible to change
easily the grafana repository you want to build.
go get github.com/*your_account*/grafana mkdir $GOPATH/src/github.com/grafana ln -s github.com/*your_account*/grafana $GOPATH/src/github.com/grafana/grafana
Building the backend
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/grafana/grafana go run build.go setup (only needed once to install godep) godep restore (will pull down all golang lib dependencies in your current GOPATH) go run build.go build
Building frontend assets
To build less to css for the frontend you will need a recent version of of node (v4+),
npm (v2.5.0) and grunt (v0.4.5). Run the following:
npm install npm run build
To build the frontend assets only on changes:
sudo npm install -g grunt-cli # to do only once to install grunt command line interface grunt watch
Recompile backend on source change
To rebuild on source change (requires that you executed godep restore)
go get github.com/Unknwon/bra bra run
Open grafana in your browser (default http://localhost:3000) and login with admin user (default user/pass = admin/admin).
Create a custom.ini in the conf directory to override default configuration options.
You only need to add the options you want to override. Config files are applied in the order of:
- dev.ini (if found)
Create a pull request
Before or after you create a pull request, sign the contributor license agreement.
If you have any idea for an improvement or found a bug do not hesitate to open an issue.
And if you have time clone this repo and submit a pull request and help me make Grafana
the kickass metrics & devops dashboard we all dream about!
Before creating a pull request be sure that "grunt test" runs without any style or unit test errors, also
please sign the CLA
Grafana is distributed under Apache 2.0 License.
Work in progress Grafana 2.0 (with included Grafana backend)