OpenArena server - docker image for Kubernetes
This is a docker image with an OpenArena server. This image utilizing OpenArena 0.8.8's features.
A fork of https://github.com/sago007/docker_openarena that works with AzureGameServersScalingKubernetes project by extending it with:
- ability to set server name via env variable ($SERVER_NAME)
- stores connected users count to /tmp/connected
- posts updates about connected users count to Azure Function (url is $SET_SESSIONS_URL, set during container creation from the AzureContainerInstancesManagement project).
To run locally, type:
docker build -t dgkanatsios/docker_openarena_k8s .
Docker Hub link: https://hub.docker.com/r/dgkanatsios/docker_openarena_k8s/
There are 3 variables that can be set:
- OA_STARTMAP - The the first map that the server loads (default dm4ish)
- OA_PORT - The port that the game listens on
- OA_ROTATE_LOGS - Should the log be rotated? (default 1 = true)
If the environment OA_ROTATE_LOGS is set to "1" (witch is the default value) then "games.log" will be rotated up to once a day if the size exceeds ~50 MB. The logs will only be rotated on startup/restart. Old logs will be stored in the format "games.log.YYYY-MM-DD.gz" (this is the reason that we can only store once a day).