SuperDump is a service for automated crash-dump analysis. It has a web- as well as a REST-interface to upload Windows process crash dumps. It automatically creates a webbased crash report, as well as pre-defined WinDbg analysis and DebugDiag crash/hang analysis. It also offers an interactive WinDbg session in the browser.
SuperDump was made with these goals in mind:
- Make crash-dump analysis easy for people who are unexperienced with it, or don't have the necessary tools installed.
- Speed up first assessment of a crash-dump, by automatically preparing crash-dump analysis up-front. A developer should be quicker in determining the essence of a crash.
Windows analyis can be run simply in Docker for Windows:
- Have Windows Containers enabled on your Docker for Windows.
- Just run
docker run -d -p 80:5000 -v superdump:C:\superdump\data\dumps discostu105/superdump
- The mount is recommended, so that uploaded dumps survive containers
- Due to a Windows/Docker glitch, it's not possible to find the service under
docker inspect <id>to get the IP address of the container and access it directly
<ip-of-container>:80. This should improve in future Windows versions.
For more, see https://github.com/Dynatrace/superdump