Regular backup an DB found in the mysql linked as "mysql" to the voloume
You have to:
- run the container `dsteinkopf/backup-all-mysql``
- create a link called
mysqlto you db to be backed up.
- Create a volume called
- Interval may be set via environment
BACKUP_FIRSTDELAYto delay the very first backup to be done by n seconds. The idea behind this is to prevent existing backups to be overwritten in case of problems. So you can manually kill everything an try again within this delay.
- MYSQLDUMP_ADD_OPTS (default = ""): More options to be added to mysqldump.
- MYSQL_CONNECTION_PARAMS (default = ""): More mysql option to add to any mysql command (incl. mysqldump)
- MYSQL_HOST (default = "mysql"): Hostname (or IP) of mysql database.
- MYSQL_USER (default = "root"): Username to connect to mysql database.
For an easy monitoring of successful backup an error file
/var/dbdumps/errorslastrun.log is created (in volume
/var/dbddumps. This file contains errors if there were any - it is empty if everything was ok.
So to monitor correct backup you should
- check that
- chat that
errorslastrun.logis touched (modification date changed) regularly (see env
mysql-backup: image: dsteinkopf/backup-all-mysql:latest environment: - BACKUP_INTERVAL=20000 - BACKUP_FIRSTDELAY=3600 links: - mysql restart: always volumes: - /opt/dockervolumes/wordpress/mysql-backup:/var/dbdumps - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone
-> for example found in my Zabbix Setup (German language)
I need to keep the old backup files. Is it possible to set an individual name for each backup like "time-database.sql"?
@gfournel: No. I'd like to keep everything "orthogonal". So to backaup more than one server - use more than one backup container.
Do you plan to add the possibility to backup several MySQL Container, and not juste one ?
Please tell me, how to run your container ?