cc65 is a complete cross development package for 65(C)02 systems, including
a powerful macro assembler, a C compiler, linker, librarian and several
cc65 has C and runtime library support for many of the old 6502 machines,
- the following Commodore machines:
- C16/C116 and Plus/4
- CBM 510 (aka P500)
- the 600/700 family
- newer PET machines (not 2001).
- the Apple ][+ and successors.
- the Atari 8 bit machines.
- the Atari 5200 console.
- GEOS for the C64, C128 and Apple //e.
- the NEC PC-Engine (aka TurboGrafx-16).
- the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) console.
- the Supervision console.
- the Oric Atmos.
- the Lynx console.
- the Ohio Scientific Challenger 1P
The libraries are fairly portable, so creating a version for other 6502s
shouldn't be too much work.