This is docker container running an ARK Survival Evolved server (http://www.playark.com/).
Tested on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) and Synology DSM 5.2-5644
- Easy install
- Easy to use
- Automatic backup before server update
- Work well with synology
- docker installed (see https://docs.docker.com/linux/)
- at least 20GB free disk space (18GB are downloaded for the game server)
- 4GB+ RAM
docker pull fabienfoerster/ark-server
- create a folder to store the server files with enough space (i.e. /data/ark/)
docker run -d -e ARK_SERVER_NAME=serverName -e ARK_SERVER_PASSWORD=password -e ARK_SERVER_ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminPassword -e ARK_SERVER_PORT=serverPort -e ARK_SERVER_QUERYPORT=serverQueryport -e ARK_MAX_PLAYER=10 -v /data/ark:/server/ark -p 7778:7778/udp -p 27015:27015/udp fabienfoerster/ark-server
- Server settings should be described in a GameUserSettings.ini but Synology DSM do not seem to aknowledge this file. It doesn't acknowledge some properties in the file.
And how to update the installed server?!?
i always need to reinstall it! :(
what about mods?
Hi, i used a Synology DS1515+ (16GB RAM) with HDDs and SSD for docker!
Can you help me with one thing? How to update a installed server? The Server works (with some help form the german Synology forum)! But i must allways new install the server for a update! I never use Docker on a other plattform! Only on DSM 5.2, now on DSM 6.0-7321 Update 7. I hope you can help me!