Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M8
A simple docker build for installing a vanilla Tomcat 9.0.0.M8 below /opt/tomcat. It comes out of the box and is intended for use for integration testing.
During startup a directory specified by the environment variable
DEPLOY_DIR (/deployments by default) is checked for .war files. If there are any, they are linked into the webapps/ directory for automatic deployment. This plays nicely with the docker-maven-plugin and its 'assembly' mode which can automatically create Docker data container with Maven artifacts exposed from a directory /deployments.
The agent is installed as
/opt/agent-bond/agent-bond.jar and enables the following agents by default:
You can influence the behaviour of
agent-bond-opts by setting various environment variables:
Agent bond itself can be influenced with the following environment variables:
- AB_OFF : If set disables activation of agent-bond (i.e. echos an empty value). By default, agent-bond is enabled.
- AB_ENABLED : Comma separated list of sub-agents enabled. Currently allowed values are
By default both are enabled.
- AB_JOLOKIA_CONFIG : If set uses this file (including path) as Jolokia JVM agent properties (as described
in Jolokia's reference manual).
By default this is
- AB_JOLOKIA_HOST : Host address to bind to (Default:
- AB_JOLOKIA_PORT : Port to use (Default:
- AB_JOLOKIA_USER : User for authentication. By default authentication is switched off.
- AB_JOLOKIA_HTTPS : Switch on secure communication with https. By default self signed server certificates are generated
serverCertconfiguration is given in
- AB_JOLOKIA_PASSWORD : Password for authentication. By default authentication is switched off.
- AB_JOLOKIA_ID : Agent ID to use (
$HOSTNAMEby default, which is the container id)
- AB_JOLOKIA_OPTS : Additional options to be appended to the agent opts. They should be given in the format
Some options for integration in various environments:
- AB_JOLOKIA_AUTH_OPENSHIFT : Switch on client authentication for OpenShift TSL communication. The value of this
parameter can be a relative distinguished name which must be contained in a presented client certificate. Enabling this
parameter will automatically switch Jolokia into https communication mode. The default CA cert is set to
- AB_JMX_EXPORTER_OPTS : Configuration to use for
jmx_exporter(in the format
<port>:<path to config>)
- AB_JMX_EXPORTER_PORT : Port to use for the JMX Exporter. Default:
- AB_JMX_EXPORTER_CONFIG : Path to configuration to use for
- Tomcat Version: 9.0.0.M8
- Java Base Image: jboss/base-jdk:8
- Port: 8080
- User admin (Password: admin) has been added to access the admin
applications /host-manager and /manager)
- Documentation and examples have been removed
/opt/tomcat/bin/deploy-and-run.shwhich links .war files from /maven to
/opt/tomcat/webapps and then calls
-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandomfor faster startup times
(though a bit less secure)
You can enable remote debugging by setting
JAVA_DEBUG to any value:
- JAVA_DEBUG If set remote debugging will be switched on
- JAVA_DEBUG_PORT Port used for remote debugging. Default: 5005