Execute start.sh to deploy the scenario
Once in the mininet CLI,
Once running, it will create a failure in the network every 5 seconds (it could be more, if the execution of the failure takes more than 5 secondss)
To end its execution, press ctrl+c
Configuration is determined by config and repo_subnets files. Config must have a [main] section with the following attributes:
- Ip: ip address of the controller (you can check it using "docker inspect opendaylight")
Distribution: distribution of link bandwidth between hosts and network
- equal: uniform distribution
- badwifi, wifi, xdsl, fiber50, fiber300: gaussian distribution centered at 3, 10, 20, 50 or 300 Mbps
MainSwitches: number of switches in the core network
- MainHosts: number of hosts directly connected to the core network
- Datacenters: number of datacenters in the core network
network. "No" otherwise.
- MinutesRunning: amount of time (in minutes) you want each simulation running
- Batch: number of simulations you want to execute
- FailuresType: type of failures you want to simulate in your network
It also will have another section for each extra network.
Ip = 172.17.0.2
Distribution = equal
MainSwitches = 20
Datacenters = 2
MinutesRunning = 180
Batch = 3
FailuresType = 0,5
Number = 1
Number = 2
Those [extra1], [extra2] are networks attached to the main network, and are defined in repo_subnets,
wich has the following structure:
Switches = x
Hosts = y
Where x is the number of switches you want in that extra network, and y is the number of hosts.
The 'Number' field is the number of networks of that type that you want in your network.
Please remember to remove the containers (sudo docker-compose stop if you are running it in detached mode or ctrl+c if
you are running it in attached mode, and sudo docker-compose down) after using it.