Sync uses peer-to-peer technology to provide fast, private file sharing for teams and individuals. By skipping the cloud, transfers can be significantly faster because files take the shortest path between devices. Sync does not store your information on servers in the cloud, avoiding cloud privacy concerns.
DATA_FOLDER=/path/to/data/folder/on/the/host WEBUI_PORT=[ port to access the webui on the host ] mkdir -p $DATA_FOLDER docker run -d --name Sync \ -p 127.0.0.1:$WEBUI_PORT:8888 -p 46098 \ -v $DATA_FOLDER:/mnt/sync \ --restart on-failure \ resilio/sync
Go to localhost:$WEBUI_PORT in a web browser to access the webui.
If you do not want to limit the access to the webui to localhost, run instead:
docker run -d --name Sync \ -p $WEBUI_PORT:8888 -p 46098 \ -v $DATA_FOLDER:/mnt/sync \ --restart on-failure \ resilio/sync
If you need to mount extra directories, mount them in /mnt/mounted_folders:
docker run -d --name Sync \ -p 127.0.0.1:$WEBUI_PORT:8888 -p 46098 \ -v $DATA_FOLDER:/mnt/sync \ -v <OTHER_DIR>:/mnt/mounted_folders/<DIR_NAME> \ -v <OTHER_DIR2>:/mnt/mounted_folders/<DIR_NAME2> \ --restart on-failure \ resilio/sync
Do not create directories at the root of mounted_folders from the Sync webui since this new folder will not be mounted on the host.
- /mnt/sync - State files and Sync folders
- /mnt/mounted_folders - Other Sync folders
- 8888 (TCP) - Webui
- 46098 (TCP/UDP) - Listening port for Sync traffic (UPNP is turned off by default in sync.conf.default as it is running in Docker container, you need to manually map the ports on hosts to container and your Internet router)
- Add timezone correction for the container.
- Modify the ENV in Dockerfile to reflect your local timezone
- modify sync.conf for all the preferences change
- Please refer to the sample sync.conf configuration file. https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206178884-Running-Sync-in-configuration-mode
- If you have SSL certificate, you can force the Sync webui to https. Or you can use Resilio self-issued certificate.