Scalable, highly available and powerful transformative database services with MariaDB MaxScale for docker
MariaDB MaxScale is an open-source, database-centric proxy that works with MariaDB Enterprise, MariaDB Enterprise Cluster, MariaDB 5.5, MariaDB 10 and Oracle MySQL®. It’s pluggable architecture is designed to increase flexibility and aid customization. Built upon a lightweight, high-speed networking core designed to facilitate throughput. MariaDB MaxScale runs between the client application and the database cluster offering connection and statement-based load balancing. MariaDB MaxScale allows scaling of an organization's database infrastructure while keeping the needs of DBAs, Developers and Data Architects in mind.
You can launch the image using the docker command line,
docker run -itd --name=maxscale -p 3306:3306 \ -e 'address1=192.168.1.1' -e 'address2=192.168.1.2' -e 'address3=192.168.1.3' \ -e 'user=cluster' -e 'passwd=123456' \ georce/maxscale
Available Configuration Parameters
Please refer the docker run command options for the
--env-file flag where you can specify all required environment variables in a single file. This will save you from writing a potentially long docker run command. Alternately you can use fig.
Below is the complete list of available options that can be used to customize your maxscale installion.
- address1: You must enter your fisrt ip address of galera cluster mariadb
- address2: You must enter your second ip address of galera cluster mariadb
- address3: You must enter your third ip address of galera cluster mariadb
- user: You must enter your username of galera cluster mariadb
- passwd: You must enter your password of galera cluster mariadb