Vault Unseal Image
docker container that unseals vault when it's been sealed
how to use?
- create a file containing shared master keys that unseal your desired vault
- shared master keys are separated by newline
- it's recommended to pass only one key per container, and distribute the containers/keys to multiple machines.
- run it and pass the keys file:
# you'll need to set VAULT_ADDR # otherwise, pass it. docker run -d \ -v /path/to/master/keys:/home/vault/keys \ -e VAULT_ADDR=$VAULT_ADDR \ docker-registry.senexx.com/devops/vault-unseal
- You can use this snippet to create key file with relevant permissions (remeber to replace $PWD with required target):
docker run --rm -v $PWD:/target busybox sh -c 'mkdir -p /target/.vault && echo asd >> /target/.vault/keys && chmod -R go-rx /target/.vault && echo Done'
Docker Pull Command