Shaka Packager supports:
- Both Video-On-Demand and Live.
- Streaming formats:
- Key systems:
- Encryption standards:
Media Containers and codecs
| Codecs | ISO-BMFF | WebM | MPEG2-TS | WVM |
| H264 (AVC) | I / O | - | I / O | I |
| H265 (HEVC) | I / O | - | I | - |
| VP8 | I / O | I / O | - | - |
| VP9 | I / O | I / O | - | - |
| AAC | I / O | - | I / O | I |
| Dolby AC3/EAC3 | I / O | - | I | - |
| DTS | I / O | - | - | - |
| Opus | I / O | I / O | - | - |
| Vorbis | - | I / O | - | - |
I for input and O for output. Opus support in ISO-BMFF is experimental.
- WebVTT in both text form and embedded in MP4
- TTML in text form (DASH only)
- Cross compiling for ARM is also supported.
<sup>1: Limited support</sup>
Getting Shaka Packager
There are several ways you can get Shaka Packager.
- Using Docker.
Instructions are available here.
- Get prebuilt binaries from
- Built from source, see Build Instructions
- Mailing List
(join for release announcements or problem discussions)
- Several open source players:
If you have improvements or fixes, we would love to have your contributions.
See https://github.com/google/shaka-packager/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md for