<!-- While not ideal, absolute URLs are used here as it is the simplest way to make the links work on GitHub and Docker Hub. These links in cloned repositories will point back to the main repository and if it is an issue, we suggest updating the links in the cloned repository. See https://github.com/google/shaka-packager/issues/408 for the full background. -->
Shaka Packager supports:
- Both Video-On-Demand and Live.
- Streaming formats:
- Key systems:
- Encryption standards:
Media Containers and codecs
| Codecs | ISO-BMFF | WebM | MPEG2-TS | WVM | Packed Audio²|
| H264 (AVC) | I / O | - | I / O | I | - |
| H265 (HEVC) | I / O | - | I | - | - |
| VP8 | I / O | I / O | - | - | - |
| VP9 | I / O | I / O | - | - | - |
| AAC | I / O | - | I / O | I | O |
| Dolby AC3/EAC3 | I / O | - | I | - | O |
| DTS | I / O | - | - | - | - |
| FLAC | I / O | - | - | - | - |
| Opus | I / O³ | I / O | - | - | - |
| Vorbis | - | I / O | - | - | - |
- I for input and O for output.
- ²: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-23#section-3.4
- ³: Opus support in ISO-BMFF is experimental.
- WebVTT in both text form and embedded in MP4
- TTML in text form (DASH only)
- Cross compiling for ARM is also supported.
<sup>1: Limited support</sup>
Getting Shaka Packager
There are several ways you can get Shaka Packager.
- Using Docker.
Instructions are available
- Get prebuilt binaries from
- Built from source, see
- Announcement List
(join for release announcements and surveys)
- Several open source players:
If you have improvements or fixes, we would love to have your contributions.
See https://github.com/google/shaka-packager/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md for