This container allows to publish a website using nginx and restrict the access using the authentication module of nginx.
You can also:
- Change index.html as you want
- Create new users to login
- Change basic configuration of nginx
To run the built image from docker hub use:
$ docker run -d -p 80:80 harishsrs/nginx-basic-auth
Or if you have the sources and you want to run using docker-compose then in the root of the project:
$ docker-compose up -d
If you want your custom website:
- Create a folder called www
- Create a index.html file inside a www folder with your custom website
- Execute this command from the main folder, which contains www folder:
$ docker run -d -v $PWD/www:/usr/share/nginx/html -p 80:80 xavijs/nginx-basic-auth
This will start the server in port 80, you can access by clicking HERE and you can modify all files under "/www/" folder and see changes in web without rebuilding docker.
By default this container is using this login.