My dev machine container
Herman's Dev Machine
Development container to be used in the cloud.
- I need to have a quick-to-get dev machine in the cloud.
- If you create a coreOS machine, you already have docker.
- So, you just setup a coreOS machine in the cloud, and run this image.
- That's all, now you can develop with a cheap laptop on a $%#@ speed-challenging internet.
What is in this image?
- Docker Client (Will download the latest one)
- You can talk to your host by mounting the docker socket (see example below)
- Golang 1.9.0 tools: gofmt and goimports
- VIM, my flavour, which was shameless copied from scrooloose's setup.
- VIM go, so I can do golang format magic.
- A bash file, contains git completition script, some git configs and lang envs.
Mount the docker socket, and use the same network as the host.
docker run -ti --rm \ -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \ -v $(pwd):/home/core \ --net=host \ hermanjunge/dev-machine bash
Docker Pull Command