My dev machine container
Herman's Dev Machine
Development container to be used in the cloud.
- I need to have a quick-to-get dev machine in the cloud.
- If you create a coreOS machine, you already have docker.
- So, you just setup a coreOS machine in the cloud, and run this image.
- That's all, now you can develop with a cheap laptop on a shi.. speed-challenging internet.
What is in this image?
- Docker 1.10.3 (Just the client, didn't bother to setup the server)
- Kubernetes Client (
- Golang 1.6 tools: gofmt and goimports
- VIM, my flavour, which was shameless copied from scrooloose's setup.
- VIM go, so I can do golang format magic.
- A bash file, contains git completition script, some git configs and lang envs.
This machine is thought to run over a coreOS machine, so it does two tricks:
/home/coremounted and as work directory. So you can store stuff.
- Mounting the docker socket of the host.
docker run -ti --rm \ -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \ -v $(pwd):/home/core \ --net=host \ hermanjunge/dev-machine bash
Docker Pull Command