b-DAP stands for (big) Data Analytics Platform. This is a software suite designed specialy for data scientists and BI analysts, fully based on the Hadoop ecosystem. At its core technology you can find Spark engine, a powerful tool that allows in-memory and fast big data iterative analysis.
b-DAP drives Spark power to non-technical users by hiding most of the programming plumbing needed to launch a job either batch or streaming (compilation, deployment, ...) . This processing engine is wrapped by an open RESTful API. Moreover, you get a full webUI as a data modeling developping studio with common visualisation widgets.
- Web front-end to easily deploy, prototype, manage Datasets, Alerts, Views & Dashboards
- Authentification/Authorisation based on user/role (user lookup over RDMBS/LDAP/Kerberos)
- Dataset mapping over HDFS files
- Powerful search engine through spark API
- Realtime stream processing
- Dashboard sharing