Portable, replicable, consistent, development environment using zsh and vim.
Dev environment completely in docker. This keeps your desktop nice and clean so when something goes wrong in your dev env it dosen't screw up your entire system.
Goals of this project
Create a linux work space that
Start container with volumes attached
- [x] create running image with vim and zsh
- [ ] split into two images (base + IanEdington dotfiles)
- [ ] make image smaller:
- [ ] remove vim build-deps
- [ ] remove YouCompleteMe build-deps
- [ ] add image version for vanilla Yard
- [ ] implement node deps with yarn instead of npm
- [ ] compile YouCompleteMe with c# and rust completion
docker run -it -v ~/Code:/code -v ~/Google/Learn:/learn --name container_name ie/java:dev
Attach to that container
docker exec -it container_name zsh
Give credit where credit is due
This project wouldn't be possible without the prior art.
Thank you to the following inspirations.
@JAremko for alpine-vim
@skwp for Yadr dotfiles
Docker Pull Command