The NodeJSApp Container for Case Study 2 of the ICWE2016 Docker Tutorial
The rest of this readme comes from the example we used as starting point: https://github.com/scotch-io/node-todo
We updated the example with:
- an hit counter relying on Redis
- MongoDB and Redis connection settings for Docker
Node Todo App
A Node app built with MongoDB and Angular. For demonstration purposes and a tutorial.
Node provides the RESTful API. Angular provides the frontend and accesses the API. MongoDB stores like a hoarder.
- Node and npm
- MongoDB: Make sure you have your own local or remote MongoDB database URI configured in
- Clone the repository:
git clone email@example.com:scotch-io/node-todo
- Install the application:
- Place your own MongoDB URI in
- Start the server:
- View in browser at
This repo corresponds to the Node Todo Tutorial Series on scotch.io
Each branch represents a certain tutorial.
- tut1-starter: Creating a Single Page Todo App with Node and Angular
- tut2-organization: Application Organization and Structure
- tut3-services: Controllers and Services