headless nextcloud-client on Alpine:latest
Nextcloud headless client on Alpine so I can run multiple nextcloud clients on one machine to dfferent nextcloud servers :)
Image should install the latest client
*Usage: docker run -d -v <hostdirtosync:dockerdirtosync> <environment vars> \ idef1x/docker-owncloud-client *Example : docker run -d \ -v ~/mydocs:/mydocs -e LOCALDIR="/mydocs" \ -e USER="example" \ -e PASSWORD="examplepassword" \ -e URL="https://<nextcloudserver_name>/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/mydocs" \ -e INTERVAL="30" \ -e HOSTUSER="myuserid" \ --name <container name> \ idef1x/docker-owncloud-client
Environment vars to use:
- USER => nextcloud user
- PASSWORD => nextcloud user password
- LOCALDIR => local (to docker client) directory to sync (create one with -v <hostdir>:<dockerdir> )
- URL => owncloud server URL with remote directory to sync
- INTERVAL => interval to check for changes
- HOSTUSER => user on host system so files get written by this user instead of root!
- if one of those environment variables are not available it won't work!
- naming the container (--name) is just for conveniance
- since it's easy to use Letsencrypt nowadays to get a valid certificate for your nextcloud server,
the client will NOT trust any (selfsigned or so) https certificate anymore
- logging is done to a file inside the container because it did show credentials via the docker logs.
Inside the container in the log these are still shown, but can only be hidden by logging to /dev/null
instead as far as I know :(
Docker Pull Command