Cloud9 IDE with MEAN.JS
This repository contains Dockerfile Cloud9 and MEAN.JS.
The Cloud9 IDE with some useful features for convenience and secure development environment for Docker's automated build published to the public Docker Hub Registry.
Before You Begin
Before you begin we recommend you read about the basic building blocks that assemble a MEAN.JS application:
- MongoDB - Go through MongoDB Official Website and proceed to their Official Manual, which should help you understand NoSQL and MongoDB better.
- Express - The best way to understand express is through its Official Website, which has a Getting Started guide, as well as an ExpressJS guide for general express topics. You can also go through this StackOverflow Thread for more resources.
- AngularJS - Angular's Official Website is a great starting point. You can also use Thinkster Popular Guide, and Egghead Videos.
- Node.js - Start by going through Node.js Official Website and this StackOverflow Thread, which should get you going with the Node.js platform in no time.
- Auto protect the IDE with user defined (or default) password.
- SSH access to the container using user defined(or generated) password and or user defined SSH key.
- Custom container workspace directory (make it easier to link with VOLUME_FROM other container, not just host directory mapping).
- Optimized build process (please suggest if any idea to make it better)
Base Docker Image
Download automated build from public Docker Hub Registry:
docker pull jessewei/c9-meanjs
alternatively, you can build an image from Dockerfile:
docker build -t="$USER/c9-meanjs" github.com/jessewei/c9-meanjs
docker run --name c9 -it -d -p 8181:8181 -p 2222:22 jessewei/c9-meanjs
It will take care all the defaults to:
- Cloud9 Basic http auth User
root, with DEFAULT password:
- See Auto generated SSH password for root at log,
docker logs <continer instance name>
- Workspace directory at
You can add a workspace as a volume directory with the argument -v /your-path/workspace/:cloud9/workspace like this :
docker run --name c9 -it -d -p 8181:8181 -v /c/Users/yourName/workspace/:/cloud9/workspace jessewei/c9-meanjs
Get the latest version from github
git clone https://github.com/jessewei/c9-meanjs cd cloud9-ide/
Run with docker compose:
docker-compose up -d
ide: build: . environment: - ROOT_PASS=thesecrets - C9_WORKSPACE=/data/workspace volumes_from: - data ports: - 8181:8181 - 22 data image:tutum/ubuntu volumes: - /data/workspace
It will set the parameters to:
- Cloud9 Basic hhtp Auth User
root, with password:
- SSH root password :
- Workspace directory at
/data/workspacelinked to VOLUME_FROM
Set SSH Key
Happy Coding !!