Tags & Dockerfile
What is InfluxDB?
InfluxDB is an open source time series database with no external dependencies. It's useful for recording metrics, events, and performing analytics.
- Built-in HTTP API so you don't have to write any server side code to get up and running.
- Data can be tagged, allowing very flexible querying.
- SQL-like query language.
- Simple to install and manage, and fast to get data in and out.
- It aims to answer queries in real-time. That means every data point is
indexed as it comes in and is immediately available in queries that
should return in < 100ms.
InfluxDB is installed under
/ # tree -d /influxdb . ├── data ├── etc ├── hh ├── meta ├── ssl └── wal 6 directories
The following ports are exposed in this image:
- 8083: Web-based admin interface
- 8086: API
- 2003: Graphite
$ docker run -d --name influxdb -p 8083:8083 -p 8086:8086 jfusterm/influxdb
Graphite support it's enabled by default so, if we want to use it, we just need to open the port.
$ docker run -d --name influxdb -p 8083:8083 -p 8086:8086 -p 2003:2003 jfusterm/influxdb
All the data that comes from this port will be stored in the DB